Carrie Bradshaw would be so proud.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Classic Birkenstocks because you’ve seen people wear these for years and trust me, there is a reason they’re popular. Do it. You know you want to. There are even 182 (!!!) colors to choose from!
Made with 100% suede!
Promising review: “Fits like a dream. I’m in love! This is my second pair of Birkenstocks. I’m used to open-toe style sandals, but these are way more comfortable! I thought I would have to break them in, but they were so comfortable right out of the gate due to the suede top and the soft foot bed. Trust me they’re AMAZING!” —LorenaMae
Get them from Amazon for $89.95+ (available in women’s sizes 4–17.5, men’s sizes 2–17.5, and 182 colors).
2. Madewell loafers so chic, you’ll be able to wear them with any outfit and your entire look immediately looks 10x better.
These babies are made with Cloudlift Lite padding so it’ll almost literally feel like you’re walking on clouds.
Promising review: “So I bought these loafers because of a particular review which called them something like ‘1950s boys boarding school proctor but fashion’ and they have not disappointed. A pair of sexy, yet androgynous loafers that seem to be crafted from smooth-melted caramel. They’re the type of shoe I imagine both Michelle Obama and Kristen Stewart might wear. A shoe that could have been worn by the cast of Mona Lisa Smile as well as Dead Poets Society. They are the shoe equivalent of Paul Rudd — handsome, wholesome, practical and somehow, works with everything. These shoes are neither feminine nor masculine, bulky nor flimsy, flashy nor bland. All while being miraculously comfortable. They are the perfect shoe. I’d chose these shoes over any man in the world, including Paul Rudd, given the chance. If you love yourself, buy yourself these shoes.” —Bbroderick
Get them from Madewell for $148 (available in women’s sizes 5–11 and two colors).
3. Or a Madewell mule if you don’t like to have fully-closed shoes, but still want to go for the “I’m effortlessly cool” vibe.
Promising review: “This shoe is super comfortable and incredibly stylish. It upgrades your outfit to a whole different level. I’ve worn these babies everywhere and have gotten loads of compliments on them! If you’re looking for a shoe that gives you a classic look of a loafer but the convenience and comfortability of a slipper, look no further because this is it.” —Lyss620
Get them from Madewell for $128 (available in women’s sizes 5–11 and two colors).
4. Swedish Hasbeens platform sandals to wear with the flowiest of maxi dresses while still being ultra comfortable to walk in.
@swedishhasbeens /https://www.instagram.com/swedishhasbeens/?hl=en, Amazon
Promising review: “I absolutely love them! They fit so well and comfortably! They do squeak a bit, but I am sure with time that will go away. They are so darn cute and go with pretty much everything in my wardrobe! I highly recommend them!” —cristina Moreno
Get them from Amazon for $134.79+ (available in women’s sizes 5–11 and eight colors).
5. A pair of Dansko clogs that you may think are clunky and weird, but I promise you, they’ll look absolutely adorable on you for years to come!
The leather and textile linings have Aegis Microbe Shield for maximum odor control *and* the footbed has memory foam!
Promising review: “I broke my foot 37 years ago and it left me with a bump/deformed foot so I can only wear Mary Jane type shoes. These are so comfortable, so stylish and so quiet for clog-type shoes! I have tried other more expensive clog-type nursing shoes and they do no come close to the comfort of Dansko shoes! I love them!!!” —Amazon customer
Get them from Amazon for $139.95+ (available in women’s sizes 5.5–12 and three colors).
6. Sam Edelman loafers that are kind of giving me ~Elton John vibes~ and I’m living for that aesthetic, honestly. There are 41 (!!!) colors to choose from so you’ll always be able to match your loafers to your outfit. A dream come true.
Promising review: “LOVE these. A great alternative to ballet flats when you need a dressier flat. I hate the look of ballet flats so these are amazing. Also much cheaper than the Guccis at $700 and look and feel about the same. Comfortable soft leather.” —Sheeba
Get them from Amazon for $42.74+ (available in women’s sizes 4–13 and 41 colors).
7. Or Sperry loafers if you’re not a fan of fancy accents but like *some* dimension to your shoes.
Promising review: “This shoes exceeded my expectations. They’re very sharp and professional-looking, they go with every outfit. These loafers didn’t require any breaking in; they felt perfect the first time I tried them on. They offer more support and cushion than most loafers, and I keep describing them as ‘walking on pillows.’ I plan to wear this pair to death and then purchase another. I highly recommend these shoes.” —Fed Ghali
Get them from Amazon for $46.25+ (available in women’s sizes 5-12 and three colors).
8. Colombia hiking boots that are waterproof, lightweight, *and* have advanced traction rubber soles to handle any kind of terrain you put in their path.
I can’t express how much I love these boots! They’re comfortable, SO supportive, and don’t forget how cute they look! I tested out the waterproof feature it has and it really works! I wore them for a few different hikes and they all felt great!
Promising review: “I needed a waterproof boot that would also be good for lots of walking. I did a lot of walking in Ireland and Scotland, mostly in rainy weather, and these boots were true to their description. My feet were dry and comfortable.” —Louise M.
Get them from Amazon for $78.78+ (available in women’s sizes 5–12 and 12 colors).
9. A pair of Sorel strappy sandals to basically become your designated important errand shoes. By important errands, I mean your third trip to Target for the week. They also come in some really funky colors!
10. Kitten heels you can wear to work *and* for a night out with the besties without having to change your outfit.
The metallic lining detail is the perfect touch, isn’t it?
Promising review: “I bought these shoes in both lavender and mint- no regrets. They’re really sexy, comfortable to walk in, and remind me of ’90s glam in the best way. They’re the perfect shoe to dress up or down. Highly recommend! Thinking about getting the nude as well.” —Lauramc2
Get them from Free People for $138 (available in women’s sizes 6–11 and five colors).
11. Cole Haan dress shoes that’ll look incredibly sharp with your best business casual wear or even a well-fitted suit.
You cannot go wrong with a classic lace-up oxford with blind eyelets and a cap toe!
Promising review: “Cole Haan is brand that has been around forever. These Lenox Hill Cap Oxfords look and feel great. The rubber soles also suit me better than traditional leather bottoms. Leather bottom soles are too prone to slipping and sliding as far as I’m concerned. These shoes are also stitched well, and finished nicely. You can’t go wrong if you decide on these shoes. Also, get these shoes through the ‘Prime Wardrobe’ program, so that you can be sure they fit before you purchase them.” —Kevin
Get them from Amazon for $101.61+ (available in men’s sizes 6.5–16, wide sizes, and three colors).
12. Suede pumps you’ll reach for every single time you have any kind of event that warrants wearing beautiful suede heels. AKA every event.
13. Or if you prefer a more solid shoe, a Rebecca Allen pump to get you through the workdays looking totally put together, even if you don’t feel it.
Rebecca Allen is a black woman-owned small business that sells stunning, classic shoes for your everyday person.
With its all leather construction, this pump is *made* to be worn for many years to come. It’s so timeless and classic, it’ll never go out of style. Basically, it’s a splurge up front, but you’ll get your money’s worth with every step you take.
Get it from Rebecca Allen for $165 (available in sizes 6–11).
14. Timberland lace-up boots built to be tough, chic for work, but also comfortable thanks to the removable anti-fatigue footbeds.
BTW, they recommend buying boots a size down from your usual sneaker size.
Promising review: “If you like the oiled leather look, these boots are tough to beat. I’m between an office and a shop all day, and these boots dress up or down, which is perfect. If you’re looking for a serious heavy duty dedicated, work boot, you’re probably better off with Wolverines or comparable. I’ll probably add some better insoles, these have no arch support. They’re perfectly comfortable without, but with my flat feet, I’ll need some arch support if I’m on my feet for more than a few hours. Not cheap boots, but a value for what they are. If the aesthetic is important to your decision for a quality boot, these will not disappoint.” —Lazoruslong
Get them from Amazon for $129.99+ (available in men’s sizes 6.5–15, wide sizes, and eight colors).
15. Sam Edelman heeled sandals that will stand the test of time and fashion trends over and over again. They’re chic, lightweight, and go with any warm-weather look you put together.
Promising review: “I am so excited. I’ve been on the hunt for a pair of work appropriate sandals with a chunky heel because they are so much easier to walk in. As soon as I slipped the shoes on I knew the price was worth it. They are comfy and beyond well made. The suede is butter soft. I can tell the strap across the toe should not blister or bother me.” —UAstudentn
Get them from Amazon for $44.99+ (available in women’s sizes 5–11 and 7 colors).
16. Converse Chuck Taylors because you can never go wrong with a classic that pairs so well with jeans, shorts, maxi skirts, dresses — you name it!
17. A Timberland Chelsea boot to wear basically all fall season while you step on all the crunchy leaves, sipping on your PSL. ~Ahh, fall~
The fabric lining contains about 50% recycled plastic! These bad boys feature a sturdy midsole layer for extra comfort, a Lightweight OrthoLite® footbed for all-day comfort, *and* a treatment that repels water and oil-based stains.
Promising review: “I like it for the stylish look and absolute comfort.” —Target customer
Get them from Target for $109.99 (originally $150, available in women’s sizes 6–10 and two colors).
18. Or a classier Chelsea boot because they’re not just a wardrobe staple, but a wardrobe *must-have*.
Promising review: “I’ve been looking for a high-quality classic Chelsea boot for years. I’m so happy I committed to this one!!! There was no break in time and I walked all over Seattle for five days while on a trip. I enjoyed a perfectly comfortable and stylish shoe with no issues. I will definitely purchase other colors.” —mpstraydog
Get them from Amazon for $160 (available in women’s sizes 5–11 and eight colors).
19. Lace-up, ankle wrap sandals that’ll have you feel like a beautiful Greek goddess every time you lace them around your legs. No really, they’re handmade in Greece!
Greek Chic Handmades / Etsy
Greek Chic Handmades is a small business based in Athens, Greece. Almost all of their designs can be customized, so if your sandal of choice doesn’t come in the exact color you were hoping for — just reach out and ask if it’s possible!
Promising review: “They’re exactly as pictured. The laces are not stretchy so you’ll have to flex your legs while tying them or else they’ll be too tight. This means they stay up on my leg perfectly though. I’ll definitely order more sandals from this vendor.” —Abs Inthe
20. Classic Bean boots for all types of messy weather *and* for that New England chic vibe. Rain, snow, and mud-approved!
Stephanie Hope / BuzzFeed
I am a big fan of my Bean boots! They’re comfortable and look so stylish in the fall, especially if you live in the Northeast — they’re a must-have! I have gone on a couple of small easy hikes in these, but I would probably not wear them for anything harder.
Promising review: “I got these boots four years ago and being from Texas, I didn’t think I’d have much need for a winter boot, but boy was I wrong. I have a pair of rain boots that cost a pretty penny that have sat in the back of my closet since I got these. They are perfect for the rain, snow, or cold. The leather upper has started to wear beautifully and I can say that without a doubt, these will be my go-to boots for the rest of my life.” —TheTexan
Get them from L.L.Bean for $139 (available in women’s sizes 5–11, three widths and two colors).
21. Hunter rain boots because you see all the fashion bloggers wearing them, and want to look stylish while splashing around in puddles, whilst successfully keeping your feet dry. Who can blame you?
Promising review: “These boots really are waterproof. They have great traction in slippery surfaces, and they are excellent for walking through mud. They fit well, and the colors are vibrant and true to the picture.” —nerak
Get them from Amazon for $72.99+ (available in women’s sizes 5–11 and in 19 styles).
22. Polo Ralph Lauren penny loafers you can wear to work literally every day, look timelessly chic, and be able to stand on your feet for hours while remaining comfortable. Basically, the perfect loafer.
Promising review: “These have caused exactly zero blisters and zero cuts on my heels. These fit comfortably and have become my go-to shoe for any sort of occasion. They’re stylish enough to wear in a work environment or with shorts for a casual event. Also, the soles provide get traction.” —J S Hall
Get them from Amazon for $75+ (available in men’s sizes 7–14 and five colors).
23. Betsey Johnson booties that are honestly giving me some serious Emily in Paris vibes and I’m living for it.
Promising review: “There are no words to describe these boots, When I opened the box I just lit up they are absolutely beautiful. I am in the music business and all the women were coming up to be complimenting on my boots and of course I said Amazon ‘Betsey Johnson,’ even some men came up to me, pointed and said, ‘Love those Boots!’ I love Betsey and LOVE AMAZON for bringing them right to my door! Life is good!” —Jo Ann Hoffner
Get them from Amazon for $148.95+ (available in women’s sizes 5.5–11 and nine colors).
24. Steve Madden sneakers for when casual Fridays call for comfort *and* style. The quilted look is just *chef’s kiss* perfection.
25. A cut-out mule elegantly designed to be a more sophisticated version of a flat you can slide on without having to deal with with straps or buckles *and* not look too childish like ballet flats typically do.
Zou Xou Shoes is a Black- woman-owned business that has been creating handcrafted shoes by Argentinian shoemakers since 2015. The styles are easy and classic so they can be worn for years. These mules are handmade to order in European sizes, and they suggest sizing up. So, if you wear a US 8, choose a 39.
Promising review: “OMG they are perfect!!! As soon as I opened the box I could smell the quality. I’ve been eyeing these shoes for months and they are so worth it! Keeping these forever. ❤️ So happy to support!” —Isabella Henriquez
26. Doc Marten combat boots so you can finally jump on this bandwagon that is definitely here to stay. They’re wicked reliable, so you can wear them through rain, sleet, and even snow!
Promising review: “I’m in love. I’m never buying another brand of combat boots again. I’d been hesitant to buy Docs because of the price, but these were absolutely worth it. They have excellent support (comfortable enough to wear for eight-hour shifts on my feet), and they’re grippy enough to handle snow, sleet, and New England winters. I tend to wear my shoes to death, but I’ve been wearing these pretty much daily for four months, and they’re holding up well.” —R
Get them from Amazon for $94.11+ (available in women’s sizes 5-14 and in 10 colors).
27. Or Sam Edelman combat boots for when you like the Doc Marten look, but the neutral colors of these just suck you right in.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLK9IFHnHt4/ / Via @samedelman
Promising review: “These boots are sooooo cute! I wore them walking around NY and loved them! I felt very comfortable. They have a good supportive stretch to the ankle and calf. Where have they been my whole life?” —Ben West
Get them from Amazon for $179.95+ (available in women’s sizes 5–11 and in three colors).
28. Birdies flats that’ll basically become your go-to shoe for comfort, support, *and* style.
Birdies is a women-founded company that originally created a comfortable and stylish slipper that could be worn at home while hosting parties. But they quickly realized the shoes were just as practical outside. The flats have seven-layers of cushion in them, plus arch and heel support.
Promising review: “I am obsessed with Birdies! I am a kindergarten teacher and on my feet all day. I am also a runner. It is so important that I find a pair of comfortable shoes that are also stylish. These are the first pair of flats that I can wear all day and my feet don’t hurt when I get home. I love them!” —MARISSA S.
Get them from Birdies for $120 (available in women’s sizes 5–12 and in 7 colors and patterns).
29. Jeffrey Campbell booties so you can get the support of a regular bootie but with style thanks to the ultra chic cut-out and metallic accents.
Promising review: “Absolutely gorgeous shoes. My husband gifted these to me. My first Jeffrey Campbells and certainly not my last. I am so in love. These are so perfect, comfortable, and excellent quality. I love the casual but really stylish look of these; I feel like they are classics I can wear for years but still show uniqueness with a bit of an edge.” —Let:it:be
Get them from Amazon for $182.69+ (available in women’s sizes 5-11 and five colors).
30. Adidas superstar sneakers that have more than 9,000 (!!!) 5-star reviews raving about how absolutely incredible they are. You probably owned one of these in the ’90s and it’s time to bring them back because they never left.
Promising review: “These seem great so far. I know some people have stated theirs came in a plain, brown box with no tag and they suspect fakes. Mine came in the original, blue Adidas box, with manufacturer tag attached. I have no doubts these are authentic. They were pure, clean white, in pristine condition. I followed others’ advice and ordered half size down. Great decision. These are plenty big with lots of room left for socks. They seem really comfy, for the short time I’ve worn them at home. I’m really excited about trying these out with all kinds of outfits this fall. So far they look great with shorts and a skirt.”—MW26
Get them from Amazon for $29.71+ (available in women’s sizes 4.5–15 and in 61 styles).
31. And finally, Square-toe boots guaranteed to become your new favorite pair of boots. IT. They’re sleek, chic, and give juuust enough height that you feel tall and mighty without compromising support.
Promising review: “Very comfy and great looking boots! Just like the picture. The heel height makes me taller but isn’t too steep to walk naturally in. Zipper is smooth to pull up and it stays up and doesn’t creep down over time. Overall very happy with this purchase.” —Rebecca Henry
Get it from Amazon for $48.93+ (available in women’s sizes 5–12 and two colors).
You, when someone says you have too many shoes:
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products – from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online – delivered to your inbox!