- Jennifer Lopez wore an outfit that looked like it was plucked from the early 2000s while at Hudson Yards in New York City on Sunday.
- She was photographed wearing white sweatpants, a matching tank top, and Timberland boots embellished with rhinestones.
- Lopez, who was filming a music video with Maluma that day, also donned oversized sunglasses with yellow lenses, and a white face mask covered with pastel splatters.
- Other celebrities including Kim Kardashian West, Bella Hadid, and Naomi Campbell have also worn outfits inspired by the early aughts in recent months.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Jennifer Lopez channeled the early 2000s with her latest ensemble — but not without a 2020 twist.
On Sunday, Lopez was photographed leaving the Hudson Yards shopping center in New York City after filming a music video with Maluma. At the time, she was wearing numerous trends straight out of the early aughts: white sweatpants, a spaghetti-strap tank top, oversized sunglasses with yellow lenses, and Timberland boots embellished with rhinestones.
The one giveaway that it’s still 2020? Her face mask, which was white with splatters of pastel color.
Lopez’s recent outfit was much more casual than one she wore just a few days earlier.
While out in New York City with fiancé Alex Rodriguez on August 5, Lopez paired a white, floral Valentino dress with transparent sandals from Vince Camuto. She also accessorized with layers of bracelets and oversized Gucci glasses.
Early-2000s style is making a comeback
Celebrities often take inspiration from the early 2000s in their fashion.
In February, Kim Kardashian West rocked an $840 pair of heeled flip flops, following in the footsteps of Rihanna and Emily Ratajkowski who did the same months earlier.
Stars like Bella Hadid, Naomi Campbell, and Rihanna have also recently shown their love for early-2000s fashion by wearing everything from low-rise pants and bubble skirts to tiny sunglasses and tube tops.
New Forever 21 CEO plots post-bankruptcy comeback with physical stores
The New Laws Trying to Take the Anxiety Out of Shopping
Shop Prime Day savings before Black Friday