Did you know there’s a holiday called, Take Your Pants for a Walk Day, that is celebrated on July 27? After the last few months, I think we can all stand to take a walk! You can even make it a fun time spent with your kids, or even a game. You can see who can point out the most pretty flowers along the way, most driveways with chalk drawings, dogs in the windows, or anything else you’d like. You can also find a pretty location like a park, lake or trail to walk at.
In addition, July 27, is also, Take Your Houseplants for a Walk Day. How convenient — you can kill two birds with one stone and have your kids, donning pants (or shorts) pull a little wagon with a house qplant, push a stroller with one, or even carry a little plant, while you are on your Take Your Pants for a Walk, around the block.
Here is an article on Taking Fun Walks With Your Kids, from verywellfit.com
Taking Fun Walks With Your Kids
Check out this article on, 10 Child-Safe Houseplants, from moms.com
Enjoy reading these 9 books on walking to your kids, from bookroo.com
9 Wonderful Children’s Books About Walking
ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
The next time you sit down for a family dinner, toss out some of these facts to spark a lively and informative family conversation. After dinner, look up some of these dates and facts and explore the historical moments as a family.
- On July 23, 1999, Air Force Colonel Eileen M. Collins became the first woman to command a space shuttle.
- On July 24, 1929, President Hoover announced the Kellogg-Briand Pact, which renounced war.
- On July 25, 1814, American forces defeated the British at the Battle of Niagara Falls.
- Louise Joy Brown, the First “Test Tube Baby” was born in Oldham General Hospital, UK, on July 25, 1978.
- Benjamin Franklin became the first Postmaster General on July 26, 1775.
- Mickey Mantle hit his first “Grand Slam,” on July 26, 1952.
- On July 27, 1940, Bugs Bunny debuted in the Warner Brothers animated cartoon, “A Wild Hare.”
- World War I began on July 28, 1914.
- Walt Disney’s “Steamboat Willie” premiered on July 29, 1928.
New Forever 21 CEO plots post-bankruptcy comeback with physical stores
The New Laws Trying to Take the Anxiety Out of Shopping
Shop Prime Day savings before Black Friday